FROM THE MONHEGAN COVID-19 TASK FORCE
Effective Immediately, in response to the recent Novel Coronavirus Outbreak:
The Monhegan COVID-19 Task Force asks that all persons planning to travel to Monhegan please be aware that from March 20th through April 1st the Monhegan Boatline is following the recommendation given by Maine State Governor Mills to limit groups to 10 persons or less. Please call the Monhegan Boatline ahead of your arrival date to make a RESERVATION. Tickets will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
• ALL PERSONS ARRIVING ON MONHEGAN ISLAND ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO SELF-QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS UPON ARRIVAL.
• PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING OF 6 FEET WHILE ON MONHEGAN.
• MANY MEMBERS OF OUR COMMUNITY ARE ALREADY IN SELF-ISOLATION OR SELF-QUARANTINE.
• PLEASE WORK WITH US TO HELP PREVENT COVID-19 FROM BECOMING A COMMUNITY TRANSMITTED ILLNESS.
Monhegan has extremely limited emergency response resources.
• There is NO licensed health care provider or advanced emergency care on the island. There are only a small number of volunteers trained to basic first aid & wilderness first aid levels.
• There is NO stockpile of personal protective equipment, sanitation products, thermometers, hygiene products, or provisions.
• There is NO public water supply until mid-April.
For more information go to Monhegan Plantation website to view “COVID19 Resources”: